Results tagged ‘ Rick ’
Yeah, the Dodgers lost this game 11-0. Cliff Lee was unhittable. Kuroda did not have it and our bullpen got hit. Ouch! BUT there got to be some positives in that game right?
- It only counts as one loss
- We got Wolf going tomorrow!
- We got to listen to Vin on the radio (or MLB audio) for 6 innings! (1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9)
- Manny got two hits so he is starting to hit, right?
- Billingsley looks like he could start a game back at Dodger Stadium
- Dodgers are the only team that have not committed an error.
OK, if I think of any more postivies, I’ll post them later.
Thank God we could listen to Vin Scully during this game. Here are some comments by Vin:
Afer a line drive that scored Carlos Ruiz to make the score 5 -0 Phillies, Vin said “I’ll be honest, the bell is not the only one with a crack on it.”
After Vinny reads a promo about a DODGERLIFE event that allows you to hit, throw, run, eat….swing for the fences…,he said
“I’ll tell you right now, is a heck of a time to read that promo. None of the things the Dodgers are doing right now.” LOL.
After the game was finally over:
“The Dodgers have been overwhelmed. tonight. If this was a heavyweights, well any kinda of weights, this would have been stopped a long time ago because the Dodgers have been on the ropes …They’ve been getting a pounding. “
We love you vin!!
And we love our Dodgers because they may be bums, but they are our bums
Today is the anniversary of that famous home-run by Rick Monday in the NLCS series against Montreal!
Happy 28th anniversary Monday!