Results tagged ‘ Mary Tyler Moore Statue ’
I had a great time at SABR42 and I am looking forward to next year for SABR43 at Philadelphia. Also the next location for 2014 was announced. It will be in Houston. I have never been to either park.
The Mary Tyler Moore statue was within a block from the hotel so Abby and I had to get a picture there.
There was a Farmers market so I am carrying some cherries in the bag. I also tried Cheese curds in one of the stands.
Keynote speaker MLB Historian John Thorn
Check out John Thorn MLB blog at http://ourgame.mlblogs.com his keynote speech is there.
Back outside we spotted this bar on wheels.
Local boy Mike Moustakas from Chatsworth High doing well with the Kansas City Royals
Bert Blyleven! look who his hero was!
A familiar face. Jonathan Broxton making it interesting recording his 22nd save
Abby, Kent, Norm from Canada.
this picture on the Twins’ screen reads “Former SABR member Ted Williams ….”
Twins Mickey Mouse from the All-Star game at Anaheim
So with that it was time to say goodbye to Minneapolis. Thanks for hosting SABR42! Thank you the local SABR chapter!
Come to a SABR convention! Here is a list of past HOF speakers as compiled by SABR member Max Kates.
Hall of Famers to speak at SABR conventions
- 1979:Cool Papa Bell (SABR 9, St. Louis)
- 1982:Sparky Anderson (SABR 12, Baltimore)
- 1989:Phil Rizzuto (SABR 19, Albany)
- 1990:Bob Feller, Bob Lemon (SABR 20, Cleveland)
- 1992:Stan Musial, Red Schoendienst (SABR 22, St. Louis)
- 1993:Bobby Doerr, Dick Williams, (SABR 23, San Diego)
- 1994:Robin Roberts, Nolan Ryan (SABR 24, Arlington)
- 1995:Bill Mazeroski (SABR 25, Pittsburgh)
- 1996:Bob Feller, second appearance (SABR 26, Kansas City)
- 1997:Jim Bunning, Pee Wee Reese (SABR 27, Louisville)
- 1998:Orlando Cepeda (SABR 28, San Mateo)
- 2000:Monte Irvin, Tony Perez (SABR 30, West Palm Beach)
- 2003:Pat Gillick (SABR 33, Denver)
- 2008:Bob Feller, third appearance (SABR 38, Cleveland)
- 2010: Phil Niekro (SABR 40, Atlanta)
How I wish I would have joined earlier and gone to the conventions from the first year I joined.
I left with my luggage a little heavier with more reading material from the convention plus a few more books that I bought.