ESPN showing some love to the Dodgers
The first Dodger game in the US has been changed from Monday March 31, to Sunday March 30. I am so glad that my hotel reservations start on Sunday. Details of the changes from Jon Weisman here http://dodgers.mlblogs.com/2014/01/09/dodgers-first-u-s-game-of-2014-season-march-30-in-san-diego/
From the link:
So to clarify the schedule:
- March 16 (1:05 p.m.) — final Cactus League game vs. Rockies at Camelback Ranch
- March 17-21 — off
- March 22 (1 a.m. in Los Angeles, 7 p.m. in Sydney) — opening game vs. Diamondbacks in Sydney
- March 22 (7 p.m. in Los Angeles, 1 p.m. March 23 in Sydney)—game two vs. Diamondbacks in Sydney
- March 23-26—off
- March 27 (7:10 p.m.) — exhibition game vs. Angels at Dodger Stadium
- March 28 (7:10 p.m.) — exhibition game vs. Angels at Dodger Stadium
- March 29 (6:05 p.m.) — exhibition game vs. Angels at Anaheim
- March 30 (5:05 p.m.) — regular season game vs. Padres at San Diego
- March 31 — off
- April 1 (TBD) — regular-season game vs. Padres at San Diego
- April 2 (7:10 p.m.) — regular-season game vs. Padres at San Diego
- April 3 — off
- April 4 (1:10 p.m.) — home opener vs. Giants at Dodger Stadium
I like that ESPN is showing some love for the Dodgers. The only thing is we won’t have Vin Scully on the call but since I have the best of both worlds listening to the best Dodger Broadcaster in English, Vin Scully and the best in Spanish with el maestro Jaime Jarrin and the loquacious Pepe Yniguez. Fernando Valenzuela does some analysis.
No, I am not going to Sydney but I will be listening starting at 1. a.m. on Saturday March 22 and at 7:p.m. Sounds weird saying that.
Lorena and I in San Diego for Opening Day with the Dodgers. San Diego is always fun and we get to see our good friend, the big Padre fan, Mike.