Dodgers file for bankrupcy
Greetings from the Twins City!
Like many of you, I woke to the news of the Frank McCourt filing for bankrupcy. It was filed in the state of Delaware.
From that link,:
The 13 creditors owed more than $1 million all involve payments to players, including six payments to players no longer with the team (Kaz Ishii last played for the Dodgers in 2004 and Marquis Grissom last played in 2002) and one to a player who has yet to make the team (Zach Lee, the Dodgers’ first-round draft choice last year).
The million-dollar creditors:
1. Ramirez ($21 million)
2. Andruw Jones ($11 million)
3. Hiroki Kuroda ($4.5 million)
4. Rafael Furcal ($3.7 million)
5. Chicago White Sox ($3.5 million, for Juan Pierre)
6. Ted Lilly ($3.4 million)
7. Zach Lee ($3.4 million)
8. Kaz Ishii ($3.3 million)
9. Juan Uribe ($3.2 million)
10. Matt Guerrier ($3.1 million)
11. Juan Pierre ($3.05 million)
12. Marquis Grissom ($2.7 million)
13. Jon Garland ($1.2 million)
My droid went crazy after I landed in Minneapolis. I lost all my contacts. and silly me I was not backing up my cell phone. Also noticed my computer screen after I landed in Minn. Other than that having a great time here. I met Randy of http://heirloom.mlblogs.com/ We will see each other at the game tomorrow.
Well got to head to the game! Go Dodgers! and vote for Matt Kemp! Our sign at the Twin stadium: