Dodgers win big in Milwaukee! When Trevor Hoffman came in in the 9th inning, I was remembering that game at Dodger Stadium in Septermber when my boys in Blue came back with a back to back to back to back homeruns. I was saying last night “We can beat this guy, we’ve done it before.” Sure enough they tied the game and it was sent to extra innings. Matt Kemp finished it off with a grand slam!! Ethier, Loney and Martin also hit homeruns. Oh yeah..that other guy Manny Ramirez also hit a homerun. That is 5 homeruns in the game! Final score: Dodgers 12, Brewers 8. Way to go Boys!!
Congratulations to Matt Kemp who is
scorching hot! But I guess only Dodger fans see that as he did not make the final vote for the All-Star and was not selected as a substitute to Beltran.
Is so rewarding to see our young guys Loney, Martin, Ethier and Kemp come thru!
Congratulations boys! We are so proud of you! We are proud of the whole team how you have come together and are playing as a team and holding on to the best record in Baseball!
Tonight is Weaver (5-2) with a 3.32 ERA against Burns (1-2) Good luck Guerito Flaquito!
Ten reasons other than Manny’s return why Dodgers fan flooded Petco Park for the 4th of July weekend
Some people are under the impression that the ONLY reason why we Dodger fans were at Petco Park is because of Manny so I decided to compose ten other reasons:
10. It was the 4th of July Holiday weekend! What better way to spend the weekend than watching your favorite team play
9. Is only a nice 2 hour drive from LA to San Diego and about 2 1/2 hours scenery ride on Amtrak.
8. Without going to San Diego, It would have been 14 days without seeing our team play in person. We need our Dodger baseball fix!!!!
7. It was one of the Dodgers For Life Road trip events scheduled by the Dodgers at the beginning of the season.
6. It was my friend Linda 7th annual road trip get together that she organized with Dodgers fans from Dodgers.com. About 50 Dodger fans attended.
5. There are Dodger fans everywhere including San Diego and also the short trip across the border.
4. Those that planned early found the Padres had nice package priced reasonable to attend all three games. Stubhubs also had good ticket locations at reasonable prices if purchased early.
3. It was the only weekend the Dodgers were scheduled to play at Petco.
2. Lots of Dodger fans ALWAYS go to Petco Park when the Dodgers play there.
and the number one reason!
1. The team is in first place with the best record in baseball!!!!!
What a crazy day Friday was with Manny being back after his 50 game suspension. My friend Lore and I made the trip along wih so so many Dodger fans. We have been in San Diego many times including the four game series against the Dodgers to start the season so we are used to seeing many Dodger fans but this time the number was even larger. As they open the gates, we saw on the field the number of media covering Manny and we said “OMG”. Here is the media waiting..
Here are the players stretching including Manny. The guy with jeans and a beige shirt is Eric Karros who was covering the Padre/Dodger game on Saturday.
In other news, the Dodgers won the first game 6-3, dropped the second one 7-4 in yet another no decision by Randy Wolf. That is about 12 no decision by Randy. Rubber game tomorrow. Media coverage has gone down from the first circus day. Oh, yeah, Manny went yard on the 4th of July! Congratulations Manny! He is back….
Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!
The Dodgers became the first team to win 50 games yesterday at the Ravine when they defeated the Rockies 1-0. The Rockies had a no-hitter going into the 5th inning. The only run came in the 8th inning. Awesome pitching for both teams.
The game was also the 50-game suspention for Manny so after a day off today, Manny will play in San Diego. The way our hitting has been lately, we really need him. I don’t expect him to just show up and be like a hitting machine but I expect the team to get better with him around and his hitting will improve as he plays more.
It was a beautiful day at the Ravine for the 12:10 game time Thursday. Way to start July wtih a win! Because of the early start, it was also Camp day so buses after buses of kids made it to the stadium as well as numerous families with their kids. I took my 10 & 5 year nieces. they were wearing their Dodger Jerseys with pink tank tops underneath. We were waiting outside for the gates to open so we were there two hours before game time and we stayed until the end. In the 5th inning, we were put on the big screen and they along with their auntie started jumping up and down. We had a grand time.
Today it was back to work, but tomorrow my friend Lorena and I are heading to Petco Park in San Diego! Manny served his time so we are ready to move on and support him because he wears the Dodger uniform. I expect the opposition to give him a hard time. We cannot stay Saturday but we will be back on Sunday. Let’s go Dodgers, Let’s go!! We are ready to take the “Beat L.A.” chant in San Diego.
Tuesday night, Grandpa Elliot sang the best rendition of “God Bless America” that I have heard at Dodger Stadium. let’s see if the link works